We are reprinting Glen Ford’s 2019 article on Venezuela not to demonstrate that he was prescient on the issue of U.S.-Venezuela policies, but b
Security forces trained by the CIA and the UK's MI6 use the "war on terror" as justification for killing and abducting Kenyans. In fact, the US
In this series, we ask acclaimed authors to answer five questions about their book.
Black Friday’s gift
Roy Singham reminisces about his work with the late General Gordon Baker, Jr.
Africa is a key component of China's Belt and Road Initiative.
Anti-Black racism is at the heart of the debate on Critical Race Theory and use of the word "woke" as a pejorative.
The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is celebrated on November 29.
The people of Sudan reject the military's attempt to give legitimacy to the coup waged against the civilian government.
Thanksgiving is the quintessential American holiday, in which exceptionalism and selective amnesia are celebrated.
The Nicaraguan people are fighting to preserve their rights to democracy and self-determination in the face of U.S. aggression.
Glen Ford's persona and dedication inspired analysis and created many friendships.
Glen Ford’s daughter explains his lifelong commitment to Black people.
Glen Ford followed in the footsteps of another legendary Black journalist.
Black radical analysis was the foundation of Ford's work
- Economic recovery is uneven, with Black workers least likely to be employed in the wake of the covid pandemic.
- The heads of state of the regional block agreed on a 44-point declaration which addressed the strategy against COVID-19 and climate change and took a stand against the blockade on Cuba.
- The memorial gathering for Glen Ford was held on Saturday, September 18, 2021 in New York City at the Riverside Church.
- Memories of the last 20 years are rarely focused on increased state violence and repression in the post-9/11 world. The damage has largely been forgotten.
- The race to the bottom is an imperative of austerity, which is foundational to the history of state violence in the U.S.