- The nation’s best known political prisoner, Mumia Abu Jamal, was jubilant at the release of Chuck Africa, at 59 the last of the Move 9 members to leave prison after conviction in t
- Julian Assange must be set free, like all the other political prisoners of US Empire,” said BAR executive editor Glen Ford.
- Public schools in Black America are part of the mass incarceration system, said David Stovall, a professor of African American Studies and Criminology at the University of Illinois
- Organizer Tara Raghuveer, whose Kansas City Tenants group won passage of a Tenants Bill of Rights, said “One of our central demands is to return to treating housing as a public goo
- Julian Assange and his protégés have made common cause with Black revolutionaries in their zeal to lay bare the dictatorial nature of the omni-pervasive national security state and the sheer, racis