- Brazil's indigenous people struggle against an entrenched oligarchy determined to drive them from their lands and a right wing president who is supported by the U.S.
- The United States has cut off channels for sending remittances to the island, leaving families who rely on the help – especially during the pandemic – without desperately needed resources.
- Economic recovery is uneven, with Black workers least likely to be employed in the wake of the covid pandemic.
- The heads of state of the regional block agreed on a 44-point declaration which addressed the strategy against COVID-19 and climate change and took a stand against the blockade on Cuba.
- The memorial gathering for Glen Ford was held on Saturday, September 18, 2021 in New York City at the Riverside Church.