In the last few months Jackson's supposedly radical mayor has lifted residency requirements for city police officers, and remained silent o
"...comics and sci fi brought to us by capitalist corporate media fail to imagine what a better world, or even the struggle to get there mi
35 lb question mark, 3 ft exclamation point, doesn’t cringe at loud sounds or pee his bed behind nightmares.
The nation’s best known political prisoner, Mumia Abu Jamal, told audiences for his Prison Radio broadcast that white supremacy re
The Senate Judiciary Committee’s passage of a drug sentencing bill is a significant step forward for criminal justice reform, said Kara Got
Ajamu Baraka, lead organizer for the Black Alliance for Peace, believes the U.S.
The current liberal and “progressive” love affair with the FBI “is a way of affirming the status quo,” in which both Democrats and Republicans are
Shannon Jones and her comrades in Bronxites for NYPD Accountability have taken the struggle against police repression underground,
“Americans can expect to live shorter and sicker lives, compared to people living in any other wealthy democracies.”
- “The workers represented and led the black public striving for decent employment, paying jobs, decent living conditions, quality public schools and union recognition.”
- “Barack Obama bombed those majority Muslim nations, with no regard for human life, and his supporters didn't say a peep.”
- Black Agenda Report's Bruce Dixon explains why the left shouldn't be using the term intersectional.
- “They are the unspoken, invisible and buried-alive legacy of the revolutionary movements of the 1960s and 70s that were neutralized by the FBI, local police, courts and the corporate media, by way
- “Every issue in U.S. society is shaped in a white supremacist fashion,” according to activist and scholar Jeffrey B.