Trial begins this week for some of the 214 people charged with conspiracy to riot during Donald Trump’s inauguration, in Washington, January 20th.
“AFRICOM perpetuates the myth that Africa needs policing,” said Washington DC human rights activist Netfa Freeman, representing th
The nation’s best known political prisoner, Mumia Abu Jamal, told supporters that his new book, Have Black Lives Ever Mattered
The military-industrial complex depicts Russia as an implacable enemy of the U.S.
The U.S.-backed regime in Haiti plans to reactivate the national army, which was disbanded for terrorizing the population.
“Capitalists continually search for the highest return on their investments -- not creating jobs.”
“After more than two decades of so-called democracy, the entire wealth of the country is in the hands of thre
“There is a great deal to learn from the USSR, a great deal to admire and a great deal to censure.”
“Lenin’s uncompromising support for the right of nations to self-determination, up to and including secession
- “American blacks needed no outsiders to awaken their sense of the tremendous contradiction between America's professed beliefs and its actual practices.”
- Puerto Rico, a hurricane-ravaged colony of the U.S., has been subjected to much the same financial dictatorship as Detroit, a Black internal colony, said Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of
- US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who some fellow Republicans believe has been politically “castrated” by President Trump, demanded that Iran get out of Iraq, its neighbor and close ally.
- “Cultural nationalists” -- including those that call themselves Africologists -- “don’t want to change the world; they want to change how they can move in it,” said activist Kashara White
- Black Youth Project 100 activists are urging New York City subway commuters to share their unlimited fare cards with poorer riders.