The greatest thing about HBCUs are the toiling students fighting for justice on these campuses.
“…hear me now, five, four, three, two, one…
Things could get very ugly in Chicago if the cop that killed Laquan McDonald is set free by a jury that includes only one Black person.
Rather than benevolent protector, the state enables and often perpetuates violence against marginalized communities, criminalizing them.
The racism of the larger society is internalized in us, including those of us who are Black and brown, and must be methodically confronted.
Incarcerated people are limited to pushing prison reform, while the unincarcerated have the privilege to advocate abolition.
Although a statewide lockdown is officially over, prisoner mail and visitation will be hugely disrupted for the next 90 days, said Johanna
Robin DG Kelly, the author and essayist, agrees with Boots Riley’s critique of BlacKkKlansman, the Spike Lee movie whose hero is a
The public has until mid-October to comment on Trump administration plans to charge protesters in the nation’s capitol, said Mara Verheyden
- The highest stage of oppression is when your own people, who speak in the name of pride and empowerment, shoot you down for trying to liberate yourself.
- John McCain personified the worst of United States, and his death ceremony brought out the most worthless elements of Black America.
- “The Resistance” is steering so much of the left into a hard-right turn -- including even Pacifica’s KPFA Radio-Berkeley.
- The FBI’s secret war against the most famous scientist on earth failed to stop Einstein from supporting social justice at the height of the Red Scare.
- This is an age of murderous, racist, and imperial impunity -- and it isn’t just about the orange beast Donald Trump.