- “When there is harm in the community, we should focus on healing that community,” not on retribution for the offense, said “restorative justice” proponent Vincent Lloyd, a professo
- Former Bill of Rights Defense Committee director Shahid Buttarsaid Black freshman Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar is “a hero.
- “This notion that there’s some kind of benevolent hegemon that will intervene on the side of the people, is obscene,” said Ajamu Baraka, chairman of the Black Alliance for Peace.
- Like the 2006 strike of 30,000 NYC transit workers, and the 2012 strike of 30,000 Chicago teachers, the 2019 Los Angeles teacher strike made the lives of tens and hundreds of thousands of ordinary
- When the top Democrat secretly plots to subvert a proposal supported by the vast majority of her party, that’s supposed to be news -- unless the corporate media decide otherwise.