- David Leonard: sport is no meritocracy; Vincent Lloyd: activists should appeal to a higher law; Anthnoy Monteiro: US reign as global hegemon is nearly over; Gail Walker: Cuban president to speak at
- On September 26 the recently elected president of Cuba will address a community forum at New York City’s historic Riverside Church.
- “We are entering a new moment in history,” said Dubosian scholar Anthony Monteiro, which is in some ways a negation of the hegemonic dollar and the unipolar world, with the US as t
- Black activist politics made its greatest strides when it appealed to a higher law of justice, rather than the man-made legal system, said Vincent Lloyd, author of Black Natura
- “Every aspect of society manufacturers” white innocence and Black criminality, said David Leonard, author of Playing While White: Privilege and Power On and Off the Field.