- The author shows why racist police brutality has survived and even grown despite every attempt to integrate, oversee, educate, and otherwise reform the police.
- A city-owned bank could extend the credit lines of community banks and credit unions to offer loans to low-income residents and help bankroll affordable housing.
- “You lit the fuse, I stand accused You were the first for me But you turned me out baby (you dropped a bomb on me) Baby, you dropped a bomb on me…”
- David Leonard: sport is no meritocracy; Vincent Lloyd: activists should appeal to a higher law; Anthnoy Monteiro: US reign as global hegemon is nearly over; Gail Walker: Cuban president to speak at
- On September 26 the recently elected president of Cuba will address a community forum at New York City’s historic Riverside Church.