- The book is a meditation on a way of life that is joyous and abundant without ever asserting that we must all convert to Pentecostalism.
- Gay liberation didn’t originate as a single-issue movement, and must confront neoliberalism and gentrification as well as anti-queer violence.
- Society needs prison abolition in order to heal, but people living in prison need basic humane conditions in order to survive.”
- Chicago media care more about the safety of a killer cop and the Jesse Smollett saga than victims of the city’s rabidly racist police.
- Hundreds of thousands of inmates’ voices have been imprinted, potentially ensnaring millions of family members, friends and supporters in the huge surveillance net.