His lips gurgled watery words, his nostrils were an aching incinerator… Still, she taunted and tormented him about
“White settlers were convinced that the lands they appropriated in the ‘dark continent’ and other lands were theirs by right.”
“Brazil`s terrocratic regime continues producing black dead bodies in astonishing scales without disturbing the normalcy of everyday po
“Immigrants have been increasingly criminalized by the state in ways that are very similar to African Americans,” said Dr.
Although US incarceration rates have been going down in recent years, at the current pace it would take 75 years to cut the prison population in ha
Even on the left, the capitalist nature of US slavery is not well understood, said historian Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, author of L
“The Young Lords saw the Black Panthers trying to get justice for Black people, and they knew they needed to do the same thing.”
“We must develop a new appreciation for the centrality of slavery, in the United States and elsewhere, in the
“Postal banking can be profitable through economies of scale and the elimination of profit-taking middlemen, as postal banks globally h
- by BAR editor and columnist Dr. Marsha Coleman-Adebayo Under colonialism and apartheid, South African miners have died by the tens of thousands from silicosis, an incurable lung disease. The rates of…
- by BAR poet in residence Raymond Nat Turner We are proud to say that Michael Ratner was a friend of Black Agenda Report.
- by Danny Haiphong Periodic crisis is endemic to capitalism, built into the system. However, late stage capitalism has entered a phase in which crises are the norm. “Unemployment has remained high for…
- by Lurie Daniel Favors, Esq. A Chinese American cop was found guilty of manslaughter in the shooting death, without provocation, of Akai Gurley. Yet, the Brooklyn, New York, district attorney…
- by Bill Quigley With over 38,000 people in prison, Louisiana is first in the planet in per capita incarceration. Plus, “there are an additional 69,000 people in Louisiana on probation and parole.”…