$elections comin’ an’ Massa Mike playin’ Negroz fo’ chumps— Tolt Dem he’d hab dey pockets lookin’ lak dey got de mumps!
Every single US president—regardless of party—actively upheld white supremacy in the US.
Chicago’s torture machine was both a real mechanism to produce confessions through pain, and a racist political instrument.
This week readers discussed the Democratic Party’s theater and the new arms race in outer space.
An educator helps students navigate books that reveal Blackness as historicity, slavery as both obscured and ever-present, and the violence of race
It takes many voices from a world of disciplines to tell the story of Paul Robeson, the supreme talent ad intellect that the US State attempted to
Julian Assange must be set free, like all the other political prisoners of US Empire,” said BAR executive editor Glen Ford.
Public schools in Black America are part of the mass incarceration system, said David Stovall, a professor of African American Stu
Organizer Tara Raghuveer, whose Kansas City Tenants group won passage of a Tenants Bill of Rights, said “One of our central demand
Stories that embarrass high officials can earn reporters treason charges, imprisonment and death.
The jury felt they weren’t hearing the whole story, due to the suppression of nearly every relevant fact in the case.
Crimes that earned their perpetrators capital sentences at Nuremberg are celebrated as the sacred patrimony of the United States.
Public school students are being “trained” for jobs at specific corporations rather than educated for a lifetime in a changing world.
A school handbook paints a picture of youth criminality that is steeped in law enforcement lingo and appears to have been written by police rather
The nation’s best known political prisoner, Mumia Abu Jamal, was jubilant at the release of Chuck Africa, at 59 the last of the Mo
- If, somehow, Bernie Sanders is allowed to win the nomination, Michael Bloomberg and other plutocrats will have created a Democratic Party machinery purpose-built to defy Sanders -- as nominee, and
- Black elected officials will be silent when Bloomberg subjects the entire country to stop and frisk or some other horrible plan.
- The ruling class’ anti-communist attacks on the popular politician holds the danger of moving the left in an even more conservative direction.
- I would like to say that President Kagame has finally gone too far, that the powerful industrial nations will finally stop running cover for his crimes, but that would greatly surprise me.
- $elections comin’ an’ Massa Mike playin’ Negroz fo’ chumps— Tolt Dem he’d hab dey pockets lookin’ lak dey got de mumps! Hmm, Massa Mikul cum ‘round wit his big ol’ sack ob monee