This month's events in Sudan appear to be yet another example of foreign governments manipulating real dissent against an authoritarian government
Assange’s arrest shows that "free speech" and "assembly" is defined as whatever the U.S. rulers are willing to tolerate.
The “Black Belt” was a vision of a sovereign black nation within the southern United States.
This week readers discussed identity politics and imperialism, the Green New Deal, and the legacies of communism and NATO. We share comments for “
“The police” is a regime of state violence that is designed to have freedom from the “rule of law.”
The question is not Who stole Black pulp fiction, but Who owned and profited from it.
“For the first time in years, our forces are building again, marching again,” said Mumia Abu Jamal, the nation’s best known politi
Coleen Rowley, the former FBI agent that exposed the Bureau’s pre-9/11 failures, said Russiagate began as an incident that, at mos
The conspirators have accomplished their marathon disinformation mission. By Glen Ford
The upcoming conference aims to bring together scholars, activists, and artists motivated by a concern for justice.
Counterspin interviews Nusrat Choudhury on the modern version of COINTELPRO.
People’s lawyers found the cracks and searched out open spaces in the law.
The centrality of slavery to capitalism is not new, as any serious student of WEB Dubois is aware.
Even the loss of the equivalent of a full year’s economic production due to US aggression has not broken the people’s will.
Professor Gerald Horne shows that the Dark Continent was Europe, not Africa.
- It is inconceivable that the Lords of Capital will tolerate a financial industry-slayer in the White House. They will thwart his campaign – by any means necessary.
- This month's events in Sudan appear to be yet another example of foreign governments manipulating real dissent against an authoritarian government in order to install yet another authoritarian gove
- The Secretary of State’s candid remarks remind us that US foreign policy is intended to punish those targeted as enemies, keep friends as vassal states, and disregard international law.
- The new president of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is asking for US help to fend off an alleged ISIS threat.
- Assange’s arrest shows that "free speech" and "assembly" is defined as whatever the U.S. rulers are willing to tolerate.