The greatest thing about HBCUs are the toiling students fighting for justice on these campuses.
“…hear me now, five, four, three, two, one…
Things could get very ugly in Chicago if the cop that killed Laquan McDonald is set free by a jury that includes only one Black person.
Rather than benevolent protector, the state enables and often perpetuates violence against marginalized communities, criminalizing them.
The racism of the larger society is internalized in us, including those of us who are Black and brown, and must be methodically confronted.
Incarcerated people are limited to pushing prison reform, while the unincarcerated have the privilege to advocate abolition.
Although a statewide lockdown is officially over, prisoner mail and visitation will be hugely disrupted for the next 90 days, said Johanna
Robin DG Kelly, the author and essayist, agrees with Boots Riley’s critique of BlacKkKlansman, the Spike Lee movie whose hero is a
The public has until mid-October to comment on Trump administration plans to charge protesters in the nation’s capitol, said Mara Verheyden
- Bernie Sanders obscures the facts of U.S.
- The greatest thing about HBCUs are the toiling students fighting for justice on these campuses. Not the college presidents, boards of trustees, the administrators, teachers, or coaches.
- “…hear me now, five, four, three, two, one…
- Rwandan dictator Paul Kagame has released two of his best known political prisoners: Victoire Ingabire, a Hutu political activist, and Kizito Mihigo, a Tutsi gospel singer.
- Long before the Nike deal it was clear that Kaepernick’s politics were being subsumed by other forces pushing a weak soup of “diversity” and “free speech.”