“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” ― Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
Like prisons, healthcare systems are part of the way that empire reproduces itself.
If there can be no peace without justice, then there can never be peace while the US Prison Gulag exists.
This week you discussed Thanksgiving, the George Floyd protests, and allegations about Russian involvement in Afghanistan.
Black Cultural Mythology imagines a world where Africana cultural memory is an intellectual field with its own agency that does not rely
Du Bois appears to have anticipated the coming of the neoliberal dystopia.
Theologian James Cone, who died two years ago, “sent shock waves throughout the Christian world” in 1969 when he published his book on Black libera
“We see AFRICOM as the colonization of Africa by the US,” said Tunde Osazua, of the Bllack Alliance for Peace.
There was nothing spontaneous about the breadth and scope of the protests that rocked the nation last month, said veteran activist Monifa B
The indemnity Haiti paid to France is the first and only time a formerly enslaved people were forced to compensate those who had once enslaved them
Nicaragua's case is a text-book example of how genuine human rights research has been subverted so as to produce highly biased reports.
Xavier Livermon, professor of African Diaspora Studies at the University of Texas at Austin, sees “many parallels” between the US-
While statues glorifying white supremacy are being torn down across the globe, a Maryland county is busy desecrating African graves and building a
The European Union now excludes t
Native American and African/Black people in America have both been victims of Settler Colonialism.
- The Black movement will be asphyxiated by the ubiquitous fingers of the Democratic Party if it does not build independent nexuses of people’s power.
- Cutting police budgets without establishing public control over their behavior doesn’t solve the problem, and invites politicians to shuffle budget numbers around like a three-card monte swindle.
- Libertarianism, like all capitalist ideologies, is bound with white supremacy.
- The demand for “justice” by the public had the ironic result of re-legitimizing the state as an institution that could in fact render justice – but only an empowered people can establish a just ord
- “There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.” ― Vladimir Ilyich Lenin Oooh, oooh… Oooh, oooh… Oooh, oooh… Oooh, oooh…